Hardwood Floors in Ohio & Kentucky
Hardwood floors fills your home with beauty and character. The natural grains, knots, and imperfections of hardwood are true to nature and lend your home a warm, authentic flavor.
Carpetland Carpet One Floor & Home is your local hardwood flooring store in Milford, Ohio, and Erlanger, Kentucky. While not every space is suitable for hardwood flooring, our hardwood experts can help you along your journey.
We even offer professional moisture testing and hardwood refinishing.
Our expert floor installers are fully licensed, and we specialize in professional craftsmanship installations with our top-quality, durable hardwoods.
Carpetland Carpet One is your destination for hardwood floors for every budget and taste. We offer a huge selection of solid and engineered hardwood flooring, a unique shopping experience, and professional installations incorporating the latest tools and technologies.
Our inventory spans all the best hardwood brands, including:
- Anderson Tuftex
- Somerset Harwood
- LW Flooring
- Naturally Aged
Whether you’re seeking high-end luxury or budget-friendly basics, we offer a wide range of hardwood flooring options to meet every need, along with convenient financing options to keep your dreams within reach.
Do you already have hardwood floors? We can help bring new life to your old floors with our professional refinishing services and historical preservations.
How To Style Your Hardwood Floor
Today's hardwood floor offerings are milled and finished using techniques that result in lower maintenance than in years past.
Versatile hardwood floors make it easy to attain the character you want for your home. It sets a permanent tone throughout the home that is time-honored and true.
There are many domestic and exotic species of hardwood to choose from, including trendy oaks, maples, and walnuts, and botanical beauties like tigerwood, Brazilian cherry, and hickory.
Currently trending: soft, light hues of browns and tans, with grey and white highlights.
Personalize your hardwood floor by combining your favorite:
- Hardwood Species
What Is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
Today’s homeowners can browse both solid and engineered hardwood flooring options.
- Solid hardwood flooring is considered the traditional hardwood option. Planks are typically ¾” or 5/16” thick and can be refinished multiple times. Solid hardwood floors are sensitive to moisture and prone to expanding and contracting. It’s well suited for most areas of the home except for below-grade areas with a lot of moisture and basements.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is made up of multiple layers. Its construction makes it sturdier and more stable. You can install engineered flooring on any level of your home and it's a good choice for busy households with pets. Some engineered wood floors can be refinished, while others aren’t designed to be.
What to Consider Before Installing Hardwood Flooring?
Modern hardwood flooring is made with your hectic lifestyle in mind and most products can be acclimated into your home environment in 72 hours.
- Follow Manufacturers’ Recommendations
- Space Out Cartons of Flooring to Ensure Airflow During Acclimation
- Be Conscious of Your Home’s Relative Humidity Levels.
- Consider Professional Installation to Ensure Warranty Coverage
Hardwood Floors & Humidity
As the seasons change, the challenges to your hardwood floors do as well.
With hardwood flooring, it’s important to make sure your home never gets too cold, too hot, or too humid- all of which can warp or damage your floor planks. Our experts can help ensure you pick flooring that’s fit for your lifestyle and location.
We recommend maintaining a consistent relative humidity level of 42 percent. This is easily done using a humidifier, a hydrometer, or even insulated drapes. Turning your air conditioning on in the summer and keeping your heat at a steady level during the winter also works wonders.
For your home’s more active or moisture-prone rooms, including finished basements, we strongly recommend choosing engineered hardwood flooring.
Your hardwood floor’s finish is made to resist everyday damage, but it’s still wise to follow these helpful tips.
- Use Floor Protectors on Furniture Feet
- Make Sure Casters Have Barrel-Type Wheels
- Use Caution When Moving Furniture: Never Drag, Always Lift
- Keep Pets’ Nails Trimmed
- Avoid Wearing High-Heels in the House
- Sweep or Vacuum Frequently, Using Soft Attachments
- Wipe Up Spills Promptly
- Consider Area Rugs for Areas Prone to Constant Sun Exposure
Shop Hardwood Flooring Near You at Carpetland Carpet One
Our hardwood division, Schumacher & Co. Custom Hardwood Floors, is Greater Cincinnati’s leading supplier of sustainably harvested hardwood.
We have the area’s widest selection of regional hardwoods – those that are made within 500 miles of Cincinnati. Schumacher & Co. boasts over 80 years of experience, which means we give you the highest level of expert assistance in selecting and installing your new hardwood floor.
Visit us soon at our showroom locations in Milford, OH, and Erlanger, KY, or call us today to schedule your free hardwood estimate.